top of page

Determining Coverage for Homeowners Insurance

A home may be the biggest investment you will ever make. Be sure to protect your investment with the right type of homeowners insurance, one that will insure you in case of a complete rebuild. If you have any questions about the appropriate amount of homeowner's insurance coverage, call one of our representatives today to determine what plan is right for you. Here we can work with you to calculate the replacement cost, and then determine the dwelling cost. From this point, we will tailor a homeowner's insurance policy with the features that meet your unique circumstances to protect the investment you've made in your home.

Market Value vs. Replacement Cost

A homeowner has the option to insure his or her home through two different types of insurance: market value or replacement cost. Insuring your home by the market value is the amount a buyer could pay for the home including the land, regardless of the cost to repair or replace the home. There are many factors that are taken into account with market value, including the current rising or sloping market, surrounding schools and curb appeal.

Replacement cost is the building cost necessary to repair or replace the entire home concerning the damaged structure, fixtures and needed repairs. In most cases, replacement cost will be greater than the market value of a home. As your home ages, the difference between replacement cost and market value grows.

Flood Insurance

Anywhere it rains, it can flood. Just a few inches of water from a flood can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage. Your homeowner's insurance policy does not cover damage caused by a flood. Flood insurance is the best way to protect you and your home from a devastating financial loss. For more information about flood insurance, please click here.

Farm Insurance

Not every farmer calls farming their main occupation. We can help provide protection for you and your family as a supplementary income and may be able to provide protection for your home and farm under one policy.

bottom of page